Skip Content


Answers to frequently asked questions 

  • How do I go about remembering Toynbee Hall in my will?
    Please see our Preparing your will and Wording for your will sections. If you would like to notify us about your decision to leave a gift in your will, please complete the pledge notification form

  • I already have a will, it just needs updating - how can I do this?
    To update your will and add a gift to Toynbee Hall, you simply need to complete this codicil form and attach it with your will. This will ensure your wishes are followed. 

  • Will my gift be taxed?
    As a registered charity, Toynbee Hall is exempt from Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax and some aspects of Income Tax. These exemptions are all applicable to legacy donations. Please see the government guidelines for more information. 

  • I don't understand the difference between the types of gifts - can you help me? 
    A residuary gift is a share of the balance of your estate once all other payments have been made. For example, you could pledge 1% of your estate to Toynbee Hall.

    A pecunicary gift is a fixed sum of money that does not change.

    A specific gift is an item such as personal possessions, land, buildings or shares. For example, you could pledge a painting to Toynbee Hall.

  • What is Toynbee Hall's address and registered charity number?
    28 Commercial Street
    E1 6LS
    Registered Charity Number: 211850

If you would like further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact Rob Crich on or 020 7392 2949