For a future without poverty
Tel: 020 7392 2953
Debt: too poor to pay?
Date: 13 Nov 2013
Time: 9.30am 10 1.30pm
This joint workshop will provide the opportunity to explore the links between personal debt and poverty in the capital, and to identify key action areas to create an early intervention approach to the issue of personal debt. #2poor2pay
- Are you experiencing a growing demand for debt advice from your clients and service users?
- Do you want to help shape key recommendations to address the impact of debt on families in London?
- Do you want to improve your knowledge of current and future trends on personal debt in London?
This is a joint workshop by 4in10 and Toynbee Hall, to explore the links between personal debt and poverty in the capital and to identify key action areas in order to create an early intervention approach to the issue of personal debt.
The workshop will bring together evidence on current levels of need and explore a range of innovative approaches to address the issue of personal debt in London.
This is the eleventh in 4in10’s Good Practice Workshops series. The workshop will bring together practitioners, local authority staff, community support organisations and policy professionals from across London.
The seminar will be an opportunity to:
- To hear from key speakers who will share evidence about the current levels of need, demand and supply of debt information and advice in London and forecast changes and their likely impact
- To increase awareness of the affordable credit sector, thereby allowing service practitioners to inform service users and understand the environment better
- To discuss and identify innovative solutions and best practice in reducing risk of debt and promoting early intervention in London
-practitioners in both the voluntary and statutory sector who provide information, advice and counselling on issues of personal debt
-community members interested in supporting families to address issues of financial capability and management
- policy and strategy professionals in both statutory and voluntary sectors with an interest in exploring the relationship between debt and child poverty in the capital
This workshop is free and lunch will be provided.
To register, please click on the following link: